In the Soil Multi (p)Arts Festival 2021
Wanderers, thrill-seekers, lovers of surprise bags, spontaneity and community!
We invite you to take a plunge with us for another reimagined In the Soil Arts Festival, aptly retitled, In the Soil Multi (p)Arts Festival, as we offer a variety of in-person events from August 27 through September 2021.
After months of disturbance, disarray, reckoning and loss, expect things to be a little different this year. Reimagined and a little unconventional, we’ve developed a series of hidden treasures for you to delight in, throughout the city and beyond.
The ITS Summer Series includes opportunities to experience live theatre, music, comedy, art installations and participatory workshops – all developed by artists who were inspired by the theme of Lost / Found.
What’s more – you get to experience it all with an In the Soil Multi (p)Arts Summer Series PASS, available at a range of $0 – $50. We’ve priced passes to be as accessible as possible. Whatever you can give will support the continued production of new work and the presentation of artists during a special time in history – a time in which we’ve all perhaps felt a little lost. Let’s find each other again through community and art.
COVID-19: All events have been designed for limited, physically distanced audiences in unique, outdoor places and – like all things these days – subject to change. We’ll keep you up to date on any changes that may come, but in the meantime let’s plan to find each other around town, through the creative minds of local artists who keep dreaming.
Visit our festival website for all the details and expect more to be added in the coming weeks.
For now, here is a sneak peak of what you can expect:
- A special music performance from Alex Ring at a gateway to downtown.
- A shadow puppet play in a bookstore window from Passing Through Theatre
- A comedy improv set inspired by lost and found items by Improv Niagara
- A site-adaptive aerial performance on a ladder from Femmes du Feu Creations
- Rob Feetham and Edwin Conroy of Tasty Sandwich throwing down a hilarious comedy show in a downtown backyard
- Ongoing installations from Tasha Ewasiuk, Mori McCrae, Julianna D’Intino, Alexa Fraser and Joanne Ring
- A sunrise, sound/healing meditation led by Eve Atoms
- A musical journey from Maja Bannerman and Rusty McCarthy
- A made-for-ITS sunset video set by Peninsula recorded in Monterrey, Nuevo León, México
- An opportunity “to find what you need and just be” at Tammy McLeod-Casey‘s Sage Scripts experience
- OPIRG Brock’s Free Store
- Live music on the street – including a special performance from 2021 Juno Award winning artist Sammy Jackson
- A play by Tethered the Ghost complete with a Filipino-inspired Bento Box Meal (additional fees apply)
HOW IT WORKS
Register for your In the Soil Multi (p)Arts Summer Series PASS – a PWYC (pay what you can) all-inclusive ticket that gets you:
- First-come, first-served registration access for all limited capacity events including: Rob Feetham and Edwin Conroy of Tasty Sandwich, Improv Niagara, and Passing Through Theatre, Tethered the Ghost, Eve Atom’s Sound Healing Meditation and more!
- Priority entrance to open-concept venues including The Papa-Tee Showmobile patio.
- Priority access to any updates and additions to the summer series.
DON’T MISS OUT ON LIMITED CAPACITY EVENTS!
Once you have registered for your Summer Series Pass, you will be sent a link to secure your seats for limited capacity events. These limited capacity events are included in your pass at no extra charge but are subject to availability. Register fast before they book up!