The Suitcase in Point Arts Mentorship Program (AMP) is about training and mentorship. AMP provides new generation artists in Niagara opportunities to build personal and professional relationships, and strengthen discipline-based artistic practices.
After receiving generous support from the Ontario Trillium Foundation, AMP was redesigned to undertake the following:
- The Nest Residency, which offers emerging artists in the Niagara Region opportunities to develop their artistic craft and process;
- Technical theatre internships and workshops and in-depth volunteer opportunities;
- Provide access to Suitcase in Point’s studio, audio, lighting and video equipment;
- Mentorship in theatre, music and festival technical and producing skills;
- Mentorship in producing and programming;
- A youth-led committee to develop and carry out for-and-by youth initiatives at In the Soil Arts Festival.